Massage Therapy in our McLean VA, Northern Virginia office; Convenient to Tysons Corner VA
Massage therapy is defined as the manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being. Whether your goal is relaxation and stress relief or to work out kinks, sore muscles or muscle tension, massage therapy offers a myriad of benefits, both physical and psychological. Some of these include:
- Decreases muscular pain & tension
- Improves flexibility & range of motion
- Stimulates weak, inactive muscles
- Increases muscular nutrition by bringing blood & oxygen to the muscles
- Accelerates recovery of musculoskeletal injuries
- Enhances athletic performance
- Lessens stress, fatigue, & anxiety
- Lowers blood pressure & heart rate
- Boosts the immune system function and increases production of natural killer cells
- Heightens mental alertness & concentration
- Raises self esteem & body awareness
- Releases endorphins & enhances mood
Need A Massage?
We're here to help!
Swedish Massage 60 minute $95 90 minute $130
This is the most common type of massage. One of the primary goals of this technique is to relax the entire body. This is accomplished by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart. If it’s your first time at a spa or you don’t get massage often, Swedish massage is the best place to start.
Deep Tissue Massage 60 minute $95 90 minute $130
This type of massage targets the deeper tissue structures of the muscles and fascia. It is a more focused type of massage and your therapist will work to release chronic muscle tension or “knots.” The pressure will be more intense than that of Swedish massage and although it shouldn’t hurt, it will likely to be a bit more uncomfortable. Feel free to speak up if the pressure is too much for you. Communicating with your therapist will ensure the best experience and results.